Monday, December 28, 2009
1. What is one of your favorite genres? Children’s books.
2. What is your least favorite genre? Textbooks… amen, rachie.
3. What is your all-time favorite book? Angus, Thongs, And Full-Frontal Snogging
4. What is the first book you remember reading? We Went to the Beach Just Grandma and Me OR Horton Hears a Who
5. Do you prefer books or audio books? Books.
6. Who are your favorite authors? Austen, Dahl, Dodie Smith, Louise Rennison, Robert Burns, Rachel Ashcraft, etc.
7. How many books do you read in a year? Whole books? I don’t know… I frequently pull books of my shelf and open them to a random page and just read particularly when I can’t sleep or I’m really stressed or procrastinating.
8. Do you buy books or borrow them from the library? I have a book buying problem that I got from my sister most likely.
9. How many books do you own? I have 2 bookcases plus a box full of books that don’t fit on the shelves.
10. What is your most prized book? I wasn’t allowed to keep any of my own books when I moved out so all of my books are equally treasured.
11. What are the worst books you have ever read (or tried to read)? Hmmmm… I didn’t like the giver. It was sad. I will surely be stoned for that, though.
12. Have you read any modern day sequels you liked? Hmmm…. None that I can think of…….
13. What is your favorite quote from a book? Anything snappy that Elizabeth says to Darcie in Pride and Prejudice.
14. Who is your all-time favorite male character? Darcie. I <3 Douche Bags sometimes.
15. Who is your all-time favorite female character? Definitely Georgia from the Georgia Books.
16. What highly recommended book have you not liked? The Giver.
17. A character you love to hate? Mrs. Bennette… elizabeth’s mother.
18. Do you belong to a book club? Does me forcing all of my friends to read the Georgia books count? Kendie and I once had a twilight book club where we’d sit and read together. It was awesome.
19. What was the last book you purchased? The latest Georgia book but I can’t read it ‘til south Africa on Thursday.
20. What are you reading now? A Teaspoon of Courage… my gramma got it for me for Christmas!
21. What book made you cry the hardest? The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe when Aslan dies.
22. What book made you laugh the most? Once again, Georgia Books.
23. What is your favorite children's book (one you would choose to read to your kids)? HORTON HEARS A WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24. If you were to choose a book to give as a gift, what would it be? Georgia books… starting to think I’m obsessed?
25. List 5 books you have read more than once: Pride and Prejudice, The Witches, Angus Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, The Lion, The Witch, And the Wardrobe, and I Capture the Castle.
26. What is your favorite book made into a movie? I love the Count of Monte Cristo movie MORE than the book (rarely the case).
27. Did you like the book or movie better? Oops…. See above.
28. What book would you like to see made into a movie? Hmmm… I would love them to make more Georgia movies.
29. Do you prefer hardcover or softcopy? HARDCOVER!!!!
30. Do you leave the dustcover on while you are reading a book? Nah… it get’s all folded and wrinkley.
31. Where do you usually read? Everywhere: my bed, my bathroom floor, my bedroom floor, my car, work, school, church…….
32. When do you usually read? Early in the morning I read my scriptures but at night is when I do most of my leisure reading.
33. Do you keep a TBR (to-be-read) list? GOODREADS!!!!!!!!
34. Do you usually have more than one book that you are reading at a time? Frequently. Especially when in school.
35. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? Dad reading to us every night before bed… sometimes he’d do the voices which made it fun. I’m pretty sure it all started with the fact that he ALWAYS let us pick which book to read so we always read books we LIKED to read.
36. Who do you tag? Charlie? Anyone who likes to discuss books. :D
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
1. when one is having difficulty opening a water bottle, one does not feel lame asking him to pop it open.
1. when one's landlord professes the time that one returned home the night before after being out with someone of the opposite gender, one's brother-in-law never ceases to harass.
Friday, December 18, 2009
lots of love,
Monday, December 7, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
9. peanut butter
10. cell phones
14. time management
17. partners in crime
Monday, November 23, 2009
9:00 rolls around. we have two clients filling out the consultation packet. i'm definitely turning in my resignation today before i have to live through this hell.
they planned this little prank on friday when i had to miss work for class. i'll get them back.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
who are these freaks?!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
2. 1 person i wish would start a blog in order to improve MY life: brittini
3. it's always cold... why is this?
4. i'm SO unmotivated to do my shakespeare paper that was due monday
5. i've decided to bring back slang from that show "street sharks" so don't look at me weird when i exclaim in a jovial manner, "JAWSOME!!!!!"
6. a) i am STILL overwhelmed about my new calling... and haven't been released from my other two.
6. b) i got called to activity chairperson of the singles branch.
7. i've decided that since i accepted this new calling, i will buy myself a new camera to document
8. i'm getting my wisdom teeth out on friday
9. i am dying to purchase the new georgia book and read it
10. i hate time changes. surely they were designed to throw me off. this is why i choose arizona.
some detailed thank-yous: (please forgive me if you helped and i forgot to add you!!!)
rachel/greg a.: cupcakes, decorating, moral support
brittini: STREAMERS!!!, decorating, crock pot, moral support, water
gramma h.: that DELISH chilli!!!!!!!!!
rachel h.: moral support, clean up support, co-hosting, decorating
mike: technology truman
wesley: decorating (has anyone seen how this boy can make cobwebs!?!?!)
pat: allowing us to be noisey/rowdy in your house for hours on end!!!
guests: thanks for coming and making the party a success!!!!!
Friday, October 30, 2009
the BEAUTIFUL ocean
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
"i think the only way you can really tell if you're attracted to someone is if you see them in 3D glasses so you might as well get that out of the way."
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
brilliant!!!! (i'm hoping to recruit my brother spencer... everyone send him encouraging vibes.)
Monday, October 5, 2009
))i hand them to him((
officer: i pulled you over for two reasons: for one, your speed, and for two, your registration tags are expired.
stacy: yeah, my tag got stolen off my car, i've been waiting for the DMV to send me my new ones. (show him proof of current registration)
officer: do you have any idea how fast you were going.
stacy: 79 miles per hour?
officer: yeah, i clocked you at 80 the first time then 83 the second time. i'll be right back.
))he disappears behind his crazy bright lights((
officer: okay, sign here please. i'm writing you a fix-it ticket for your expired registration tags...
stacy: even though i have proof of registration? (NOTE: said VERY respectfully, legitimately asking a question.)
officer: look, this is called me giving you a deal... you can take this fix it ticket which will be around 25 dollars, or you can take the speeding ticket which will be between 300-500 dollars which do you want?!?!?!?!?! (VERY abrasively)
officer: (still abrasive) i'm ASKING you!!!! which do you want?!?!?! huh?!?!?! HUH!?!?!
officer: because this is a really good deal you're getting.
officer: because i could just scratch the fix-it ticket and give you a $300 speeding ticket.
officer: the reason i did this is because you were honest with me about how fast you were going and i don't get that very often.
he then went on to give me a couple more scenarios of what he COULD have done.
geez, some cops are total jerks. anyway, i got lucky.
i got the whole mission call opening on video but i haven't been able to figure out how to post it so that is soon to come.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
We webcammed sarah's mom in....
the only picture kristin managed to get of me... lovely.
the brimhall clan...
a few of the guests...
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
bankruptcy is not a very widely-known form of law so we get some special questions... one of my favorites generally goes like this:
Client: but they said they were going to take me to prison! can they arrest me for not paying my credit card payment?!?!?!
Stacy: no... they don't do debtor's prison anymore.
Client: are you SURE?!
Stacy: yes, they haven't done that since about Charles Dickens' time.
the things that these creditors/debt collectors SAY to these people!!!
Monday, September 21, 2009
1. our twin language
2. she's hysterical
3. the douche bag face
4. her updating on various reality stars' relationships
5. she talks me into making purchases
6. she is my college cheer-leader
7. charlie. need i say more?
8. she is very protective of me. she loves to make enemies out of randome people who mistreat me.
9. inside jokes.
10. she is my only sissy
11. she does my laundry for free when i bring it down to her
12. she loves bones like me.
13. she introduced me to twilight-- a TOTAL guilty pleasure
14. she likes to husband shop for me
15. she doesn't mind making huge deals out of birthdays.
16. she makes baked goods and coherces her husband into giving them to me
17. she loves beyonce.
18. when she finds a great sale or a cute item, she gets it for me
19. we have matching doc martins
20. we still have sleepovers
21. sometimes i'll be sitting doing something and i'll randomly think of something involving her and break out into hysterics whilst everyone backs away... slowly.
22. she helps me do homework sometimes
22 1/2. most of my essays are named by her.
22 3/4. she composes the majority of my topic sentences.
23. the "im not gay" dance.
24. SHE'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
- Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
- The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.
- Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work?You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no Internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.
- There is a great need for sarcasm font.
- Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
- I think everyone has a movie that they love so much; it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that every one's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.
- How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
- I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
- The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
- Was learning cursive really necessary?
- LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".
- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
- Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
- How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!
- MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
- I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
- Bad decisions make good stories
- Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted....546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!
- Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous?Like I know my name, I know where I'm from; this shouldn't be a problem....
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
- I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
- "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this. Ever.
- I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV.There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still befriends after this?'
- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
- I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.
- Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...
- As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
- Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
- It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.
- I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
- Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what do to with it.
- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my bottom dollar everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...
- My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the heck do I respond to that?
- I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.
- I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
- I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
First we sat in the car in traffic for AN HOUR after taking our exit! less than a mile! so we made the best of it by taking some crazy pictures:
kendall and i call this one our car "myspace picture".
then we went to a liquor store and took a picture with the statue out front...
here's from at the actual rodeo:
kendall's nephews with the rodeo clown. he was pretty funny... he blew lots of stuff up. (p.s. are kendall's nephews not the CUTEST?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)
ode to beer... we were meaning to take a picture of our cowboy boots and there were so many beer cups around that it only made sense to include one in our picture.
in front of the arena
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
rach and i took a picture with this massive bird dino thing...
okay... after the dinos we went on the little tram ride which was pretty fun! below is brittini and i in animal form... i'll give you a hint, we're NOT the giraffes:
That's right! those two female rhinos have been best friends for 30 of their 45 years. that will totally be us some day.
rachel and charlie fed the ducks... charlie LOVED throwing the food out... the ducks must have liked it too... they came RIGHT up to them and ate out of their hands!
this picture is one of my favorites from the trip... charlie was pointing at the baby giraffe. SO cute! as usual, i LOVE being an aunt....