Tuesday, January 4, 2011

i'm sorry.

i have disappeared from the blog world. so much has been happening that i've put my blog on the back burner. i don't feel THAT badly though because my sister-in-law has slacked on blogging and she is a WAY better blogger than me. anyway, a quick list of what's gone on: tyler left on a mission, i've changed my mind (again, ugh) about arizona, i spent thanksgiving with the hathcocks, christmas, new years. here are some comments on those events:
1. tyty's mission. inspired by my sister, a blog has been started to document his weekly emails: www.elderhathcock.blogspot.com . he is doing swimmingly and although i miss him a lot, i feel like my life has been SO blessed by his HUGE sacrifice. he writes the BEST letters home. i've been saving them in a binder so that he can re-read them when he gets home. despite tyler being gone, i have seen his family regularly and have been loving it.
2. don't ask. i don't have a new life plan. it is frustrating. i'm trying to figure out what i should do next. i did take one semester at U of A (online) and did very well. i also nearly bankrupted myself (not really, but close) due to paying out of state tuition and not getting ONE PENNY of financial aid.
3. thanksgiving was WONDERful!!!! the hathcocks are so fantastic! tammie made the most delicious mashed potatoes and i'm STILL having dreams about them. i would get the recipie, but i don't know if that would do me any good since i don't have tyler to cook for! hahaha.
4. we got to talk to spencer on christmas! he is doing SO well and it was great to talk to him! i miss him so much! can't wait to see him in a year and 3 months! got some wonderful presents from family and friends.
5. new years. nothing exciting. i had to clean the church building the next morning so i didn't want to stay out too late. i spent the time with my boss/landlord pat watching movies and eating junk food. it was great! we have netflix on our wii now so we get to watch TONS of movies.

all in all, 2010 has been one of the BEST years of my life! so great to feel like i've had a good year!

2 comments:

  1. I think your new life plan should be to sing your way across America in karaoke bars. It would make a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mashed potatoes are easy.....let me know when you want to make some!

    ReplyDelete